Friday, May 4, 2012

consider xeriscaping


Consider a low-maintenance landscape - one that requires little more water than nature provides. Using local plants also provides habitat for native wildlife. Often called xeriscaping, the principles of a low-maintenance landscape are as follows:

> * a reduced amount of lawn
> * the use of native grasses, shrubs and trees
> * rain capture from roof with barrels
> * mulching to reduce evaporation loss
> * an irrigation system that reduces water loss
> * planned maintenance

(Information from Foothills Website).

*Photo from Natvik Ecological website

1 comment:

  1. I consider it as the best!, well it's really a big help especially for me, it allows me to have a beautiful garden even with out giving much effort and time, lucky because I really can't supply those needs because I'm too busy in working.

    Littleton Xeriscape

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment - it will be reviewed before it is posted!